Turmeric is a spice that is absurdly awesome -it’s not just my opinion either, but has been shown in numerous studies. Curcumin is a uniquely beneficial compound found in turmeric that is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory agents found naturally, it also has a ton of other awesome benefits so I wanted to share some of the ways I use turmeric to harness these benefits.
General Turmeric Benefits
– Strong antioxidant – cancer fighting
– Natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties
– Strong topical anti- inflammatory
– Reduces inflammation pain -helps with things like arthritis or injury pain. American Academy of Pain Management describes it as one of the most potent available
– Cleanses liver
– Increases the production of enzymes that digest fats and sugars,
– Anti-clotting properties – and other awesome heart health effects
-Helps to counteract food allergies by preventing histamine release in stomach
Some research suggests it may help prevent plaque build up in your brain- helping to thwart development of dementia.