We love candles and we’re big fans of making your own candles too.
It’s a great hobby but did you know that there are real benefits to burning candles? Well, there are and we’ve got 10 awesome benefits from burning candles to share with you.
If you don’t have any candles to burn then can we recommend that you read our article on 10 good reasons to make your own candles, then check out our guide to making your own candles and then grab one of these candle making kits?
- Health benefits. The ritual of burning candles can become part of your self-care routine and, in turn, this can help you to feel calm and develop a sense of well-being that reduces stress and improves your health.
- Meditation focus. If you meditate on a regular basis, then you may want to introduce candles to your meditative practice as they can help improve your focus.
- Homely feelings. If you travel a lot, taking candles with you can help you to personalize your space and make it feel like home.
- Express yourself. You can choose the color, the size, the scent of every candle and what you like is going to be a unique expression of yourself and creativity. It feels good to share your essence with the world.
- Aids romance. Everyone knows that a romantic evening involves candles, having candles to hand in the bedroom can really help to wow your partner.
- Brings back memories. We all have scents that are associated with particular happy memories. Burning a scented candle can help you evoke those memories. Relive your childhood!
- They smell good. A good scented candle doesn’t just smell nice when it’s burning but it helps to make your sanctuary smell good all of the time. This can be very comforting.
- They boost a celebration. What’s a birthday or a Christmas without some candles to add a little brightness to the occasion?
- They improve your decor. The subtle use of candles can really enhance your home and add a defined personal style to your space.
- They add atmosphere and ambience to a space. There’s something about a burning candle at home that makes it more intimate and cozy. If you come home after a stressful day and light just a single, pleasantly scented candle, you’ll instantly start to relax and feel truly at home.
Final Thoughts On Benefits of Burning Candles
So, as you can see there are plenty of benefits from burning candles and while you may not want to take advantage of all of them, we’re sure that you’ll enjoy some of those benefits.
Making candles is amazing fun but there’s nothing better than burning a candle in your home.
It’s a low cost hobby that brings measurable joy into your life, why not get started today?