Did you know that you might benefit from wearing some of the best blue light glasses?
Not because we said so, but because it’s good for you and as you know we’re keen on boosting your health naturally.
Of course, you can try forest bathing, changing your diet or eliminate toxins from cosmetics, instead but as so many of us work on screens constantly – you might find more immediate improvements by using a new pair of glasses.
Blue light can cause migraines, it can accentuate depression or bad moods, and it can make us generally lethargic too and there’s even a chance it might lead us to blindness.
Not everyone suffers from blue light sensitivity but if you do, it’s cheap and easy to deal with. Check out our favorite blue light filtering glasses and see if you can get some easy relief.
Blue Light Filter Glasses PROSPEK
When you want solid blue light removal and a reasonable level of magnification, PROSPEK has you covered.
Peepers by PeeperSpecs
BEST VALUE CHOICE
They’re designed with the female face in mind and make for amazing reading glasses.
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Read/Games Glasses
TOP RATED CHOICE
A very effective blue light blocker designed with commuters and knowledge workers in mind.
Best Blue Light Glasses
Blue Light Filter Glasses PROSPEK
What do we like best about the PROSPEK Blue Light Filter Glasses? Well, firstly they filter out a lot of blue light, you’re going to feel better wearing these even if you are very sensitive to blue light.
They’re also magnifying which many blue light glasses are not, and you can choose from a range of magnifying factors (up to 3.00 which is very good for off-the-shelf glasses).
PROSPEK glasses are available in a wide-range of colors and various styles too – if you want something to suit your personal vibe, they’re it.
1. There’s no orange or yellow color tint which is common on blue-light filter glasses
2. They have a money-back warranty for the first 3 months for any reason
3. The lenses are covered in multiple coats of filter to provide maximum benefits
1. The filters are great but the anti-reflective property is less so, bad for video calling
2. You can easily damage these lenses, store them carefully
3. Some users reported vertigo/nausea from using them – so try them at home first
Peepers by PeeperSpecs
The only pair of glasses on our list that isn’t meant to be Unisex is PeeperSpec’s Peepers which are unsahmedly marketed for ladies only (though guys, if you want to try them – be our guest, you won’t get into trouble).
We found that they were best suited to reading on electronic devices and that our eyes could handle long periods of concentration while wearing them.
You don’t just get protection from blue light with these glasses, they are also designed to filter some of the potentially harmful ultraviolet rays you might be absorbing too.
1. We like the look of these glasses very much
2. We thought that price was nearly as attractive as the frames
3. You can get them in up to 3x magnification options
1. We thought these frames were quite large and not great for petite builds
2. They aren’t unisex
3. We’d like an adjustable bridge as they can slide down your nose
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
If you’re a commuter or knowledge worker that spends all day long hunched over a computer then you might appreciate what J+S Vision’s Blue Light Shield Computer Glasses can do for you.
They’re also popular with computer gamers as they can spend hours staring at the screen too while playing Dota, COD, or whatever’s the flavor of the week, this week.
Without using a strong color cast to the lens, they still manage to reduce exposure to blue light by 90% which is a very high rating for glasses like these.
1. They’re very reasonably priced
2. There is a nice range of customization options – you can embrace your own style with them
3. They screen out 90% of the blue light and that’s why we like them so much
1. While it’s not harsh, there is still some coloring of the lenses and thus, what you’re viewing
2. You have to get a lens cloth to remove the constant fingerprints and grime they pick up
3. They’re not built to last forever, take care of them
Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The one thing that we found the Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses excelled at were keeping eye strain to a minimum, we can work for hours in them, no problems at all.
These glasses are really good for Zoom calling or other forms of VOIP calling as the lenses are coated with a reflection reducing coating.
1. They’re not very expensive – a great way to try on blue-light blocking for the first time
2. They keep eye strain to an absolute minimum
3. We thought they were very comfortable to wear
1. They can sometimes slip down your nose
2. They have a noticeable color tint when working on a screen
3.The frames are for petite heads only
Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses with SCT-Orange Lens
They won’t break the bank but they might break the negative effects of blue light on your psyche – the Uvex Skyper Blues with SCT-Orange lenses work very well, indeed.
The orange lenses aren’t there by chance, orange helps filter blue light very effectively and you get near 100% filtration from these glasses!
1. You’re not going to find a pair of glasses better at filtering blue light than these
2. We thought they fit very well and you can adjust them a little too
3. If you want to test run blue light blocking – these are cheap enough to do that
1. If you have a large skull, you might struggle to get them on
2. The orange tint is very harsh, some people just can’t deal with it
3. We found it very easy to scratch the lenses
Cyxus Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses
The confirmed geek who spends all weekend in the den playing World of Warcraft is going to love these game-specific Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses from Cyxus.
These glasses come in over 20 different colors and styling options. You’re not going to hate wearing them (as long as you choose them).
1. They block most UV radiation (yes, UV 400 too) which gaming rigs can emit in volume
2. Their customers love them – they’re very popular
3. We can’t find a better pair for long gaming sessions
1. You need to be careful about picking a pair to match your face if you want them to be comfortable
2. They’re a bit on the flimsy side
3. They aren’t the strongest blue light filter
Final Thoughts On Blue Light Glasses
We want to stress that we’re not all sensitive to blue light. If you don’t feel tired or get headaches after long days at a screen, that’s awesome and you don’t need blue light glasses.
But if you do, or you find that you’re depressed, anxious, etc. after screen exposure, you might get a real boost from wearing one of our best blue light glasses.
The good news is that they’re not expensive. It’s easy to try them and see if they help and if they do, the difference they can make is huge.
We hope that if blue light is bringing you down that soon, you’re feeling fantastic all over again.
*Affiliate Disclosure: We may be compensated if you purchase through affiliate links on this site. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.