Thinking about making your own candles?
It’s difficult to choose the best candle making kit for your needs with so many choices available for DIY candle making kits.
How do you choose the right candles for your home and ensure that they aren’t full of harsh additives or dangerous chemicals?
Well, you can leave that to us because we’ve tracked down the top 5 best candle making kits and we’re going to make the case for making your own candles with them too!
Our Top 5 Best Candle Making Kits For 2020
So, let’s take a look at our top 5 all of which are affordable and fun ways to get into making candles in your home environment.
TOP PICK | #1 Candle Making Kit
Complete DIY Candle Making Kit
Everything you need to make four different candles with different scents and color blocks, so that you can make customized candles like cinnamon vanilla.
They also supply two types of candle tins to get you stated with different shapes of candle. And it comes with a pouring pot.
Absolutely everything you need to make candles is included in this kit. It’s perfect for beginners.
Why Make Your Own Candles?
Here’s our 6 good reasons for anyone to use a candle kit to make their own candles:
- It can save money. It probably won’t save money the first time you make your own candles because you have to buy the equipment to make them with but after that? All you need is the raw ingredients (beeswax or soy wax) which are cheap and easy to come by.
- It can make money. If you turn out to be a talented candle maker, then there’s no reason that you shouldn’t start selling your candles to other people. It’s a great side hustle!
- It’s fulfilling. Making things with your own hands gives you a sense of purpose and a sense of pride in a job well done. It can also help distract your mind from day-to-day troubles while you do it and it’s way cheaper than therapy. 😉
- It’s super fun to make them with your kids. We can’t stress this enough though we mean with your kids. You can’t leave children on their own with hot wax because they can end up badly injured.
- It’s eco-friendly. Soy wax candles are super eco-friendly and much greener than the old school paraffin wax candles. They also tend to have a more pleasant texture and fragrance. We recommend a soy candle making kit if you are vegan.
- It’s highly customizable. This is the best bit of all – you can make candles for any purpose that you want at a lower cost than buying them in stores. They can be the color, the size, the fragrance, that you want and in any shape you can imagine. This is really satisfying. Imagine the scented candles you could make!
Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Kit
If you want candles that are super quality then this might be the kit for you, but it does only make 3 candles and you won’t get any dyes in the box – which means you only get one color of output.
However, when people see the end results, they’ll assume you’re a professional candle maker. We especially like the pouring pot.
You can find the Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Kit on Amazon.
JIWINNER Transparent Candle Making Kit
These are a bit different and the candles are made from a transparent gel rather than a soy wax.
If you want to make really creative, highly decorative candles then this is the set for you. However, we would note that the candles burn faster than standard wax ones.
You can find the JIWINNER Transparent Candle Making Kit on Amazon.
StorageMaid Candle Making Kit
This is an absolute beast of a kit and while it is more expensive than other soy candle making kits we reviewed, not only does it contain 16 colors and 4 scents but it has absolutely everything that a candle maker could wish for in the box.
You can really let your imagination run riot with this excellent pick. The kit includes a high-quality pouring pot and candle tins.
You can find the StorageMaid Candle Making Kit on Amazon.
Blue Aurra DIY Candle Making Kit
For those looking for something a bit more traditional, this jar-based candle making kit is very elegant and super easy to use.
If you have a minimalist aesthetic, you’re really going to enjoy working with this. We love the melting pot.
You can find the Blue Aurra DIY Candle Making Kit on Amazon.
If DIY and the idea of making everyday items at home is your jam then you might like to try your hand at making your own soap.
Check out our review of Milk Soaps: 35 Skin-Nourishing Recipes for Making Milk-Enriched Soaps, from Goat to Almond.