Welcome to the world of candle making!
Creating your own beautiful, fragrant candles is a truly satisfying experience. Trust me, I’ve made over 1000 candles in my days and the happiness it can create is wonderful.
Now, with the wide variety of candle making kits available on the market today, it’s easier than ever to get started. Candle-making kits are my go-to gifts these days.
As a first-time buyer with so many options to choose from, how do you know which one is the best for you?
Fear not, dear reader, for we have scoured the internet and tested the most popular kits to bring you our top picks for the best candle-making kits on the market.
So whether you’re looking to create custom candles for your home or as gifts, or just want to try something new and creative, we’ve got you covered. We’ve got this!
Read on for our expertly curated selection of the best candle making kits, complete with pros and cons, tips and tricks, and more.
If you want your candles that are super quality then this might be the candle kit for you, but it does only make 3 candles and you won’t get any dyes in the box – which means you only get one color of output.
You do get 3 bottles of different essential oils though – lavender, lemon, and chamomile no tea tree, though, sadly – though the step by step instructions say to use the full bottle per candle, some customer reviews say that half the bottle is the perfect amount. The wicks are also natural cotton wicks for a nice even burn.
However, when people see the end results, they’ll assume you’re a professional candle maker. We especially like the melting pot.
You can find the Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Kit online.
This is an absolute beast of a candle kit and while it is more expensive than other soy candle making kits we reviewed, not only does it contain 16 color dyes, 4 scents, and step by step instructions, but it has absolutely everything that a candle maker could wish for in the box!
Kit includes cotton candle wicks, glue dots, color dye blocks, warning labels, wick stickers, stirring sticks, and more are all part of the candle making kit supplies.
You can really let your imagination run riot with this excellent pick from our making kits. This luxury candle making kit includes a high-quality melting pot and candle tins.
The soy candles that we made with it were awesome and much less polluting than paraffin candles.
You can find the StorageMaid Candle Making Kit online.
Blue Aurra DIY
or those looking for something a bit more traditional, this glass jar based scented soy wax candle making kit is very elegant and super easy to use.
It makes beautiful candles with a high-quality candle wick from natural soy wax flakes and that’s much nicer than most candle making kits and even the wax dye feels like it’s made of nicer ingredients. The fragrance oils are excellent too.
If you have a minimalist aesthetic, you’re really going to enjoy candle making with this.
We love the melting pot and wooden stirring sticks (wooden sticks are kinder to the planet, after all).
Our only reservation with this good candle making kit is that if you’re looking to create candles for gift bags, it could turn out a little expensive. Otherwise, it’s an excellent introduction to the hobby with all the candle making supplies that you need.
You can find the Blue Aurra DIY Candle Making Kit online.
Hearts and Crafts DIY
This is a great kit for someone who’s a bit more experienced than a true beginner.
It’s a soy candle making kit where you do all the work and if you want them, you’ll need to buy fragrance oils (check out our preferred essential oil brands) and wax dyes on top.
It includes a 10lb bag of natural crafts soy wax (flake form), 100 pre-cut candle wicks plus 2 two centering devices.
Unlike many candle making kits the contains no mold for candle making, so you’ll want to choose your own, why not go for something exotic like a Scandinvian Candle?
You can find the Hearts and Crafts DIY Candle-making Kit online.
Etienne Alair Kit
If you love crafting and making things with hobby kits this homemade soy candle making kit will be perfect for you!
The kit includes enough materials to make 4 individual 8 oz. candles! That’s more generous than some candle making kits. It also includes the fragrance oils you need to make amazing scented candles.
They also include a reusable metal pouring pot, a wax thermometer, 3 silicone finger protectors, and clear, simple instructions!
This candle making starter kit is a bit different from other candle making kits and the candles are made from a transparent gel rather than a soy wax.
If you want to make really creative, highly decorative candles then this is the set for you. However, we would note that the candles burn faster than standard wax ones.
You can find the JIWINNER Transparent Candle Making Kits online.
Why Make Your Own Candles?
Here’s our six good reasons for anyone to use a candle kit to make their own candles:
- It can save money. It probably won’t save money the first time you make your own candles because you have to buy the candle making equipment to make them with but after that? All you need is the raw ingredients (beeswax candles or a soy wax candle) which are cheap and easy to come by.
- It can make money. If you turn out to be a talented candle maker, then there’s no reason that you shouldn’t start selling your candles to other people. It’s a great side hustle!
- It’s fulfilling. Making things with your own hands gives you a sense of purpose and a sense of pride in a job well done. It can also help distract your mind from day-to-day troubles while you do it and it’s way cheaper than therapy. 😉
- It’s super fun to make them with your kids. We can’t stress this enough though we mean with your kids. You can’t leave children on their own with hot wax because they can end up badly injured.
- It’s eco-friendly. Soy wax candles are super eco-friendly and much greener than an old school paraffin wax candle. They also tend to have a more pleasant texture and fragrance. We recommend a soy wax candle making kit if you are vegan.
- It’s highly customizable. This is the best bit of all – you can make candles for any purpose that you want at a lower cost than buying them in stores. They can be the color, the size, the fragrance oil, that you want and in any shape you can imagine. They can be made out of many different essential oils and even differnt raw ingredients depending on your liking; beeswax, soy wax, etc. Once you get the hang of it you don’t necessarily need to follow the step by step instructions. This is really satisfying. Imagine the scented candles you could make!