*Affiliate Disclosure: I may be compensated if you purchase through affiliate links on this site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There’s nothing more American than a great summer BBQ and that’s why everyone should consider one of our best outdoor electric grills.
Though it is now possible to get an eco-friendly disposable BBQ, in the longer-term, an electric grill is the kindest option for the planet.
And there’s no need for vegans to feel left out, there are plenty of BBQ recipes for plant-based foods and even vegan bacon that can hit the grill surface to our delight.
So, why not get yourself a nice new electric grill and treat your family to a summer of tasty meals in the safety of your own backyard?
Weber Q Electric Grill
You’d never know the food was cooked on an electric grill and it’s so easy to clean afterward!
Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
BEST VALUE CHOICE
If you need something petite to slide onto a balcony or small patio this is excellent.
George Foreman Multi-Plate Evolve Grill
TOP RATED CHOICE
A truly versatile grill that you can expand the functionality of over time.
Best Outdoor Electric Grills
Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Gril
You won’t be bothered by smoke regulations or fire codes when using the Weber 5502001 Q 2400 Electric Grill but you could be forgiven for thinking the food was cooked in smoke.
This was by far the most capable electric grill that we put through its paces, a real family favorite.
It was also the easiest to clean which makes it an even better choice.
This grill includes a removable catch pan which collects all that excess grease that accumulates during grilling and makes it super easy to dispose of.
1. A huge cooking area of 280 square inches
2. Very powerful, just like a smoke fuelled BBQ
3. Really well-made, you know that this grill is going to last you and your family for years
1. It’s heavy, at 41 lbs. It’s not very portable.
2. There’s no temperature gauge, not a deal breaker for a grill but an odd thing to leave out
3. You can’t use trays that are designed for other Weber grills on this product
Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill, Black
This nifty little Char-Broil 20602107 grill is the ideal choice when space is at a real premium.
Also, it uses infrared to heat the grill faster and that means if you just want a hot grill surface, right now, this also might be the best choice for you of an outdoor electric grill.
It’s very easy to adjust the temperature to exactly what you need as well.
In addition to a generous cooking surface of 240 square inches, there’s also an 80 square inch warming rack just above and to the side.
1. It’s cost-effective – you won’t find a grill much cheaper than this
2. It’s small – you can fit it on a balcony easily enough or a small patio
3. It cooks well and heats up quickly
1. It’s really difficult to assemble and you may need help to get it together
2. While it heats up quickly, it seems to take a long time to cook things through
3. It’s hard to find replacement parts if things break
George Foreman GRP4842MB Multi-Plate Evolve Grill
While this is listed as an indoor grill on Amazon the George Foreman GRPP4842MB Multi-Plate Grill works just fine outdoors, you just place it on a table rather than on the floor.
Not only do you get some grilling plates in the box but you also get waffle plates and a muffin maker too!
That makes this a very versatile grill and while the grill area’s not huge – it works very well.
There are many other plates available for purchase separately too, if you want a grill that you can use for many different types of cooking this is it.
1. This grill can be used for more than just grilling
2. It cooks very well
3. It’s built to the standard we’d expect from George Foreman
1. Food can become stuck to the ceramic plates
2. The muffin tin doesn’t make brilliant muffins in our experience
3. May not be compatible with inserts from other George Foreman grills
Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill, Gray
There’s not much that we can say about the Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill that we haven’t already said about its bigger brother and that’s because they are both made in the same way and to the same standard.
The big difference here is that the cooking area is only 189 square inches which is about 30% smaller than on our top pick – if you don’t need the space, you might as well save money.
This grill arrives fully assembled, you just plug it in and start cooking and that’s awesome!.
1. 1560 Watt cooking element ensures a really high quality finish on food
2. Comes with a decent length cord for positioning the grill easily
3. Reasonably priced
1. Still heavy though at just under 30 lbs. You can move this by yourself.
2. Small cooking surface won’t be enough for a bigger family.
3. No GFI plug included
George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
The GGR50B George Foreman grill is elegant and refined.
It can be converted from a free standing item to a tabletop or pedestal-based one in no time at all.
And that makes it very easy to use indoors as well as outdoors.
It has a very powerful burning action of 1600 Watts too – and the heat is well-distributed across the cooking area.
You can cook up to 15 individual servings on this grill plate simultaneously and that makes it a good grill for big family get-togethers.
1. Converts to different styles of grill
2. Large cooking area
3. Good fat draining design
1. It’s really hard to clean because it doesn’t fit easily in a sink
2. The cord is a bit short for this design
3. Takes up a lot of space on a counter
George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GFO240S
This GFO240S George Foreman grill is also designed to be used in several configurations.
It’s also shaped so as to remove the need to use oils or butter to grease the plates before you begin.
However, we found that it struggles to cook quickly and that can be frustrating when you have hungry mouths waiting.
The design of this grill is meant to remove up to 42% of the fat from your meat resulting in a leaner but just as tasty BBQ.
1. Best non-stick surface on a George Foreman grill
2. No need to use oil or butter
3. Removes a lot of excess fat
1. Can be hard to get spare parts for
2. The stand is very flimsy – can end up wobbling after slight use
3. Doesn’t cook as quickly as other grills
Final Thoughts On Best Outdoor Electric Grills
So, we hope you found the right grill from our list of the best outdoor electric grills. They’re an excellent way to cook BBQ in an eco-friendly fashion without losing taste.
Of course, they also keep the local authorities away in areas with strict smoke or fire regulations too.
Summer is the best time for a grill up, but with an electric grill you can always move the grill inside in winter and have an in-house BBQ too!