*Affiliate Disclosure: I may be compensated if you purchase through affiliate links on this site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We all know that fossil fuel use hurts the planet and that’s why you need the best RV solar panels.
The easiest way to eliminate this usage and reduce our carbon emissions is to adopt solar panels in our lives.
What better place to use a solar panel than on an RV out in nature?
Check out our best RV solar panels & kits and see how your family can benefit from the sun.
Zamp Solar Legacy Series Portable Solar Panel Kit
The perfect choice for a small RV, this comes with a charge controller that stops overcharging.
Go Power! Portable Folding Solar Kit
BEST VALUE CHOICE
Easy to hook up to the battery on your RV and get going with the charging.
ACOPOWER Foldable Solar Panel Kit
TOP RATED CHOICE
A compact and efficient solar panel kit that we can happily recommend.
Zamp Solar Legacy Series 140-Watt Portable Solar Panel Kit
This Zamp solar panel kit is super easy to put into use and it’s the ideal choice for a small RV or a camper van – there’s only one 140 Watt panel involved which isn’t enough for a huge RV but it’s a big step up from backpack solar panels.
It comes with a charge controller that not only prevents you from overcharging the battery but also lets you track the power usage and the overall efficiency of your panel.
This comes with a super padded carry case and it’s as easy to take down and put into the bag for transport as it is to set up.
1. In built charge controller gives you useful data about energy use
2. You can’t overcharge the battery with this setup
3. Fine on the ground or on the camper as long as there are no high winds
1. It’s quite a big panel and it can feel heavy
2. Some customers reportminor defects when opening the new panels up
3. A little pricey
Go Power! GP-PSK-130 130W Portable Folding Solar Kit
A little cheaper than the Zamp model and nearly as good is the Go Power! folding solar kit.
You can use this kit on the move if you secure it effectively to the roof though we prefer it for trickle charging when the vehicle has come to rest.
It’s quite easy to tailor the angle of this kit to get the maximum sunlight to the solar panel face.
Go Power! Recommend that you use this kit as a supplemental kit for a larger RV with a full rooftop array or on a smaller RV by itself.
1. Easy to connect to the battery and use
2. The case is well made and durable
3. All the connectors you might need for any job are in the box
1. The panel latches are poorly constructed
2. You can overcharge a battery if you don’t keep an eye on things
3. Also a little pricey
ACOPOWER Foldable Solar Panel Kit
This ACOPOWER kit includes 2 pieces of foldable solar panels which can then be used to charge a battery or in conjunction with a generator.
They include the stands, that you need to use it, in the pack – you don’t roof mount these.
They supply a protective suitcase to carry the kit around in and it takes about a minute to unpack or put away.
ACOPOWER claims that their single-crystal panels are the most efficient on the market at 15.4% efficiency and they say that they excel in low light performance too.
1. The panel are compact
2. It’s pretty easy to set up or deconstruct
3. It’s highly portable
1. The instruction manual is pretty bad, fortunately it’s intuitive enough to use
2. The controller is not waterproof
3. The controller needs battery power to operate which can be a problem if your battery is completely discharged
Newpowa Photovoltaic PV Solar Panel Module
This cost-effective Newpowa 2 piece module set requires that you buy the brackets separately (they are sold on the same page on Amazon).
It comes with a 25-year warranty for power output which is pretty impressive given the low price.
No solar panel gives you 100% of the output specified in the manufacturer’s description but these lose only about 10% in good conditions which is excellent.
1. The cells are high-performance and perform great
2. Very hard wearing
3. 25 year warranty
1. The junction box is low quality
2. You have to order wires and brackets separately
3. They may not supply compatible connectors
ECO-WORTHY 120W Foldable Solar Panel Charger for Portable Power Station & RV Battery
This ECO-Worthy Solar Kit is the ideal set up if you just want to run a small generator in your RV.
We’d be happy to go off-grid with this without hesitation. You can use the power station with nearly any brand of generator and all the cables are pre-installed (though they are a bit short at only 10 feet long).
You can also, if you need to, plug some small electronic devices directly into this panel setup.
The inbuilt kickstand allows you to angle the panels so that they can get up to 25% more light than they would if they were of a fixed alignment and that means more power, faster.
1. Super lightweight at 4.2 Kg
2. The charging ports for devices on the panels are super handy
3. The included adapters are quite comprehensive
1. Cable length is a bit short
2. The finishing isn’t of the highest quality
3. No stress relief on connectors
If you’re interested in moving to solar energy check out our article on solar statistics here.