Deodorant doesn’t have to be cruel to animals if you use one of our best vegan deodorant brands. In fact, there’s no need for any element of your natural beauty regime to be cruel if you think about it.
Sure, you may still eat meat but does a dog really need to test your underarm freshening products?No, we don’t think it does, either.
The formula here is humble baking soda and it works really, really well.
A very kind to your skin deodorant with a lovely natural scent of coconut.
Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant, No Aluminum
You may be surprised to learn that Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant contains mainly baking soda and that it does a great job of preventing bad odors.
This product is guaranteed to be aluminum free but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t help to reduce the amount that you are sweating. It does.
1. The Rose And Vanilla smell is really good and we were happy to use this in our daily routine
2. It contains all natural ingredients – including coconut oil, arrowroot powder and baking soda
1. Need to be careful not to use too much, it can leave a residue
2. Some users report finding it rough on shaved armpits
Kopari Aluminum-Free Deodorant Original
The Kopari Aluminum-Free Deodorant smells fantastic on application and is very kind to your body using coconut oil and coconut milk as its key ingredients.
The Kopari brand is very popular in the natural living and natural beauty segment and they have a good reputation for not triggering allergies with their products.
1. They use an organic coconut base for this product which is great
2. We didn’t find any residue no matter how much we used
1. Don’t go running in it, odor protection isn’t as strong as some other deodorants
2. Needs more regular reapplication than other products
Herban Cowboy Wild Maximum Protection
We loved the name of the Herban Cowboy Wild Deodorant and we found that it did, indeed, provide maximum protection, however, it achieves this with a strong pleasant product scent.
This deodorant is free of aluminum, paraben and phthalates which means it should be extra-kind to your skin.
1. Nice, strong natural scent that keeps unpleasant odors at bay
2. Contains no toxic chemicals and plastic-free deodorant too
3. Completely cruelty-free deodorant
1. You can’t wear another scent with this product as it will overwhelm it – a lot of essential oils in the mix here
2. Some users report that at very high temperatures this isn’t as effective
3. Not the best sensitive skin formula
Pacifica Beauty Underarm Deodorant Wipes
If you want something that is very gentle to use and can be applied at any time of day, easily, the Pacifica Beauty Underarm Deodorant Wipes may be the vegan deodorants that you’ve been searching for. The use of essential oils means that you will smell fresh all day long.
The blend of coconut milk and essential oils used in these wipes is designed to neutralize any existing odors as well as leave you smelling fresh and clean.
1. Very gentle on sensitive skin – you can use them whenever you want
2. The pack easily slips into your purse
3. No animal testing. 100% vegan and cruelty-free
1. Probably best used as a backup to another deodorant – they’re quite expensive
2. Has a strong scent, particularly just out of the packet
3. Sometimes the Pacific Underarm Deodorant wipes aren’t as convenient as a stick deodorant
Lavanila – The Healthy Deodorant
As you might expect from the name, Lavanila’s Healthy Deodorant contains vanilla, in fact, all of this company’s vegan deodorants do and that gives it a nice unique scent profile. It is 100% cruelty-free and vegan. It is also paraben free.
These natural deodorants take a soft-vanilla from Madagascar and blends it with pink grapefruit and a fresh citrusy lime to give you a very different cruelty-free deodorant.
1. The vanilla scents make a pleasant and fresh change
2. There’s almost no residue with this product
3. It’s 100% cruelty-free
1. It doesn’t last – you need to reapply throughout the day
2. It doesn’t stay dry when you are sweating
3. We found we got natural mineral salts in our clothes sometimes with this